Thursday, June 21, 2012

birthday blintz bread

Blintz cheese recipe:
 
One 1-lb container whipped cottage cheese (or farmer cheese)
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tablespoons sugar
Mix well.
 
That's it! Basically it's blintz filling with no eggs or added liquid.
If too dry and stiff, stir in a bit of milk.
 
Serve with w.w. crackers. Or spread on bread, then cut bread into four triangles -- this is called Blintz Bread.
 
Seriously, they love it. I served this for supper for my twins' birthday! For extra fanciness you can add an extra sprinkle of cinnamon on top. See picture, attached.
 
Funny fried eggs? When making a large number of eggs, instead of beating them in a bowl I put them in an empty juice bottle and shake shake shake. It works great, it's easy, and there's no dirty bowl to wash. The kids find it funny as it is still something new; I've only been doing it since Pesach. (Necessity was the mother of this invention; I was stuck without a Pesachdik mixing bowl and needed to make breakfast.)
 
The pepper initials may not look like a full serving of veggies, but there's more there than meets the eye. Several kids sat behind me as I carved, nabbing the extra bits as fast as I could put them down. I think Michelle Obama should be mighty proud of my birthday party, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment