Sunday, June 3, 2012

3D twins poster -

Another siyum sign, only not a project for a school night! This one took an hour of Friday (not my hour -- just the kids painting the background) plus nearly all of Sunday. I've resolved to spend more of my fun time with family and friends, rather than in virtual reality (including OEDILF) or off on my own, so this project was definitely supremely worthy of replacing the Sunday speed-limerick contest!
 
We'd had enough of blue skies, so this is a grassy green background. (2 Tbsp dish soap, 2 Tbsp water, 8 drops green food coloring, 2 drops yellow food coloring. Thanks again, Amy Dacyczyn.) Daughter very decidedly wanted baby twins Yaakov and Esav in a double carriage. Making it 3D was my cockamamie idea. I still can't believe it's real. Thanks to Carolyn of JugglingFrogs for planting the idea in my head; who would have thought I could actually create a double carriage?
 
Click on the images to see them larger and to read their text.

No comments:

Post a Comment