Sunday, April 29, 2012

pantry organization idea!

I like to stock up on non-perishables when they go on sale, but keeping them organized is a real challenge. Tin cans in particular seem (seemed!) impossible to keep organized; they all look alike from almost any direction! I've been fumbling with this problem for years and never had a satisfactory solution until now.
 
I cut four dividers from an empty grocery box -- using the wide side panels of the box, and cutting each one in two. I did not cut off the top or bottom flaps. The cans sit on the bottom flaps, which helps the dividers stay in place.
 
Here is the result. I love it! It's like having four drawers for cans, only they're all resizable. Best of all, the kids can now pack away groceries without messing up too badly. I think I might label the rest of the pantry as well.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment